The ultimate substrate for exceptional plant growth- sourced from the sub-tropical islands of Australia. Iron Sand is rich in iron and other minerals for powerful plant growth.
It’s iron rich properties will promote exceptional plant growth which until now has only been available by using iron additives.
It’s black shimmering texture is captivating and forms the perfect canvas for accentuating the colours of your fish.
Can be used in fresh water and marine tanks. Won’t affect pH, GH, kH, TDS or other water parameters. Safe for use with fish and other aquatic life.
- Do not wash product before use. AquaIron is pre-washed.
- Use in an empty aquarium only. Product will cloud and clog filters if added to an established tank incorrectly, extreme care must be taken and majority of water removed before adding.
- Evenly spread over the base of the aquarium.
- Slowly fill the aquarium with water. Laying a small plate or bag on the sand and pouring the water over this will prevent stirring up the sand.
- Fill to about 3-4cm above the Iron Sand, this makes for easier planting.
- Begin planting your aquarium. Make sure you spray your plants with water until the planting is complete.
- Once planting is completed, fill the aquarium to the desired level. Using a bag or container to disperse the water will reduce clouding.
Allow a few hours to pass abefore starting your filter, to prevent any iron sand getting stuck to your impeller as it is slightly magnetic. Keeping filters or pumps too close to Iron Sand may affect your impeller.